Made with a cake mix and canned peaches, I created this recipe out of what I happened to have on hand back in 2010.
Peachy Keen Bars
- 1 pkg dry cake mix-white, yellow or french vanilla
- 1/3 c butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 29 oz can light peach slices, drained
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13” pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg; mix with fork just until crumbly.
- Set aside 1 ½ c. crumbs for topping.
- Press the remaining crumbs on bottom of prepared pan; Bake 10 minutes.
- Cut peach slices into 1” pieces; Spoon onto partially-baked crust.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla extract; beat with mixer until creamy.
- Spread over top of peaches.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs; Bake 30 minutes.
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving; Serves 12.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.