A delicious pie that is easy to prepare. Note to World Tour participants - I believe the ingredients are typical for the Canada region.
Blueberries and Cream Pie With No Roll Pie Crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups blueberries
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar, for whipped cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla, for whipped cream
- Put first five ingredients in a 9 inch pie pan.
- Mix with a fork until well blended and pat into the pan.
- Push the pastry up the sides and form a nice edge with your thumb and finger.
- Prick the crust with a fork to prevent bubbling of the pastry during baking.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Rinse berries and pick out any undesirable ones.
- After the berries have drained pour onto a paper towel to dry somewhat and then pour them into the pastry shell.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in the milk and 1/2 cup whipping cream.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour over the berries and bake for 45 minutes.
- After about 30 minutes, check the pie.
- If the edges are getting very brown, cover with strips of aluminum foil.
- Cool on a wire rack and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- To make whipped cream, beat 1/2 cup very cold whipping cream until stiff.
- Chill the bowl before whipping the cream to improve the results.
- Add vanilla and 2 tbsp sugar.
- Serve a dollop of whipped cream on each serving of pie.