A copycat of one of my favorite cookies of all time: Disneyland's Bakery-Style Peanut Butter Cookies!
Disneyland’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar together. Add vanilla and mix. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt together. Add to mixture in mixing bowl and stir until completely combined. Fold in peanut butter chips.
- Roll dough into 1½" balls. Place ¼ cup sugar into a small bowl and roll each ball of dough in the sugar until completely covered. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet with a non-stick baking mat. Using a flat-bottomed drinking glass (or whatever flat-bottomed object you have around the house), gently press each dough ball down (I left mine pretty thick - these cookies will stay whatever thickness you press them down to).
- Bake the cookies 7-9 minutes. Remove cookies and allow them to cool on their cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling. These cookies are very soft - you don't want them to overbake or turn brown at all. They will continue to set-up as they cool.