Best Key Lime Pie | FoodGaZm..

Best Key Lime Pie

cheapest car insurance, cheap auto insurance, cheap auto insurance, CREDIT CARD, Structures Annuity Settlement, CHEAP CAR INSURANCE, CAR INSURANCE, HAIR beautiful, hosting, Mesothelioma Law Firm, Asbestos Lawyers, Life Insurance Co Lincoln, forex, home insurance, Personal Injury Lawyers, Mortgage Adviser,




This recipe was my second choice, but should have been my first!! I made two pies for Easter from a different recipe that called for eggs, and we hated them! They were dense and heavy, more like a custard than anything, with a bitter lime taste. Then I went in search of a lighter recipe, one without the eggs. This was the recipe I was looking for!! Light, creamy, not too tart or too sweet! PERFECT! I didn't stick with the key limes, (I found the key lime juice to be terribly acidic when I used it in the first recipe) instead I used about 8 Mexican limes that I found in my grocery produce section. They're a little smaller than the traditional Perisian limes, but a bit bigger than the Key Limes. They worked wonderfully! I ended up with 2 cups of juice and used it all for two pies. I used 4 cans of condensed milk, and baked for closer to 13 minutes in shortbread crusts. Topped with homemade whipped cream and YUMMO!

I used Mothers Oatmeal Cookies as a crust instead of a graham cracker crust. Everything else I kept the same. Really took a matter of minutes, longest part was breaking up the cookies in the blender. I also used Rose's Key Lime juice. EDITED: I liked the combination of the oatmeal cookie crust with the pie filling, I just found the pie a little sweet. I think if I make a key lime pie again, I'll look for one that's creamier and less sweet. Everyone freaked over this pie! I will use this recipe forever!

UPDATE:

 I have doubled the recipe for this and used a homemade graham crust or a pretzel crust and it's always turned out fantastic. This dessert is always a homerun, I've never had leftovers when I make this pie for a gathering or potluck.

Get the recipe here >> Best Key Lime Pie @ momontimeout.com