Sugar Milk Pie | FoodGaZm..

Sugar Milk Pie

cheapest car insurance, cheap auto insurance, cheap auto insurance, CREDIT CARD, Structures Annuity Settlement, CHEAP CAR INSURANCE, CAR INSURANCE, HAIR beautiful, hosting, Mesothelioma Law Firm, Asbestos Lawyers, Life Insurance Co Lincoln, forex, home insurance, Personal Injury Lawyers, Mortgage Adviser,



I found this recipe in my late Mom’s recipe box.  It was cut out of a newspaper….very old and yellowed.  I wish it would have had a date, I bet it was from the depression (the one in 1929) or maybe even earlier.  It was so fragile I was almost afraid to pick it up.  Reading the ingredients, I was intrigued.  A pie with only 3 ingredients?  I had to try it!

It is similar to a custard pie, but not as heavy.  I usually put cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg in mine, though I have made it with coconut, which is delicious!  It really is versatile, you can even make a chocolate version by adding cocoa powder and chocolate chips sprinkled on top.  My husband’s favorite is orange, I just put a few drops of orange extract in the filling and zest some orange peel on top.

Ingredients:

    2/3 cup sugar
    1/3 cup flour
    2 cups real cream
    Pie shell (homemade or store bought)

Directions:

    Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    Combine sugar and flour in a mixing bowl
    Hand wisk in cream a bit at a time
    When thoroughly mixed, pour into pie shell
    Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the filling is set

You can serve it hot, but I prefer to chill mine and serve it cold with some nice hot tea.  I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!