Casserole recipes are fairly simple: grain or pasta + meat + sauce + cheese = delicious dinner. I don’t have a name for this latest creation. Maybe I should just call this “Crazy Good Casserole” – It has chicken, bacon, cheese, creamy saucy goodness… It’s crazy good.
I threw this together one busy weeknight. I had a different casserole in mind, but I found I did not have all the ingredients. So I changed it up a bit and came out with a winner. This Cheesy Bacon Chicken Casserole is one of our favorites!
Crazy Good Chicken Casserole
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 strips of quality bacon – cooked and crumbled
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 box (16 ounces) dried spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook and crumble bacon. While bacon is cooking, cut chicken into bite-sized chunks.
- Set cooked bacon aside for later use.
- In the same pan, cook chicken in bacon drippings.
- Add garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare pasta according to directions.
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain pasta, return to pot.
- Add chicken, both cans of cream of chicken soup, 1 cup of Monterrey Jack cheese – stir to mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
- Top with remaining cup of Monterrey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes, just until cheese is melted and beginning to brown on top.