If you are having a few guests over and want a quick and easy appetizer, here is the perfect recipe!
- 2 8 oz tubes of Pillsbury Crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (either homemade, or jarred)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (use more or less to your preference)
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs italian seasoning
- Pepperoni slices (optional) * add any pizza toppings - be creative!
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Line the crescent rolls in strips of two on a pizza stone (or baking sheet) - example below.
2. Spread a layer of sauce, then cheese. Top with pepperoni slices (I placed them on half of the ring only.
3. Fold over the edges to create the ring. Top with garlic powder and seasoning.
4. Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.* I have a gas oven which seems to bake a little bit quicker than electric ovens. * If crescents come out too doughy, try cooking for longer or raising the temperature of the oven to 450 degrees.