Triple Chocolate Cake Mousse





I have made this chocolate cake. It turned out great. I find that it is a cross between browney and chocolate cake. That is what I like about this cake. I have made this chocolate cake several time. Sometimes I called it a chocolate cake (when I want to cut it up in three layers and fill it up with either mousse or butter cream) and sometimes I called it browney, when I want to serve it just the way it is. Cutting it in squares and dusting cocoa powder over it.

This recipe makes enough mousse for about eight 2″-diameter cakes, give or take, depending on the size of your molds. Make sure you have enough freezer space available to accommodate a sheet pan with ring molds.

The whole recipe must be made at least 6 hours before you plan to serve because the mousse needs a chance to set up, but if you like, you can make each step of this recipe on different days to break up the labor, and just keep it in the freezer until serving day.

There will be plenty of cake and chocolate sauce left, which can both be wrapped well and frozen, or enjoyed as a cake sundae by cutting the cake into squares, topping with a scoop of ice cream, and drizzling with chocolate sauce.

Recipe >> Triple Chocolate Cake Mousse @ pastrypal.com